Thursday, March 1, 2012

KEEP THEFIVE HAND OPEN

There is something about coffee shops that make people just open up and start talking to you about random stuff just because. This is a concept that has been around for centuries in europe, but here in America, well it's just the beginning. I think Starbucks revolutionizeD the house house industry and it's take off from there. You see little coffee houses everywhere. Any any coffee shop you go into, people just chat. I love this neighborly feeling of friendship. It's like hi I don't know you but let me tell you about my recent ski trip to Tahoe! We as Americans walk down the street and there are very few Americans that greet everyone that walks by. Have you ever thought a simple gesture of " hi, you look fabulous" to a perfect strange can make their whole day. Why not!
My dear friend Molly whom I love to go out with , laughed at me one night, because everyone I walked by I put my hand in the air wide open and said "keep the high five open". Let me say all night she was smiling when I did this to perfect strangers. All but 1 person gave me a high five back, that one person that didnt high five me back well, I whipped around did the finger gun salute and said "stay cool man". In response they said "you to". Think about it "KEEP YOUR FIVE HAND OPEN" what a way to live, open, not close minded, energetic, happy. Hey if someone doesn't high five me back, no harm done....but if they do, man the quickly America gesture can send tingles down your spine.
Change people's lives, say hello, give high 5's, engage into each others lives. The death of the salesman came the day that we as Americans shut down. Hid without own emotions, and stopped smiling. Man, think of the revolution of the salesman if we all "kept our five hand open"! Salesman is of course a general term. A salesman could be selling something, but how abou the person thats not selling, how about the teacher. Are they not selling a good vibe to students to do good in school? Yeah they are salesmen. How about the person at the check out counter. Is it not their job to make sure you found everything ok, they are selling customer servive! That person in disability that can't work, yeah they too are salesmen, they are selling everyday the emotion of struggling with their disabily, they just want to feel like they are worth something and you know what they are...they are worth "keeping that five hand open"! Put a smile on people's faces, no talking neccarily required, just keep that five hand open, whether it be to give a hi five, or take it down low, or to simple put it forward and shake another persons hand!
The empowering gesture!
Gotta love coffee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment