School is back in session.....
Schedules are back on track, kids have a go,go,go attitude, and I'm loving every minute.
The summer went fast. To start off summer I started at a new salon which has been a wonderful transition for me. My son was in full swing with little leagues. This year I finally was able to go to his games. He's got a knack for is it seems, as he rounded home base several times throughout the game. With one game to go in baseball, my husband and I got our roaster for our summer soccer team. Yes, we coached together, well most of the time. My oldest daughter and my son played on different teams, and little Olive played on the sidelines.It seemed one practice would start when the other one was finishing... I found I'm really blessed to have such an awesome husband, and really cool in-laws. My in-laws helped balance the kids soccer games so we could stay on track thru the summer soccer season. As the season ended we made the decision coaching was fun, but in the middle of hay season it's not a good idea.
Most farmers had their hay in by the end of July, it seemed that here it is September and we just finished. This was my first true year of doing hay. In the past my job or I suppose I should say employer demanded very long hours at work. I barley had time to see my kids let alone help with any chores. It wasn't his fault, he had a business to run, however having a family, and life outside of the salon was important to me. After 3 long years of working in a high demand, fast paced salon I took a leap of faith and quit. I had faith that I was not just a good stylist but a great one, and I could work in any salon. Well any salon that allowed me to do what I love, hair but also be around those that I love, my family....Viola here I am; attending games, coaching, spending time, quality family time, helping with chores and really living life.
August began with whistles and whoa's. My son padded up and whistles were blowing as football season is in action, while my daughter put on her shin guards and tried out for the varsity soccer team. After 2 long days of tryouts I drove her to her 3rd and final tryout day. She told me she didn't think she made it, I of course tried to keep her spirits up...at 10:32am I got a text and tears streamed down my face. "I made the team" my sophomore made the varsity girls soccer team. So now we are running to and from football and soccer, and I still work doing what I love to do hair, and here come the Whoa...
I got a horse. My very own rideable horse. My husbands Aunt & Uncle the Little's own a farm. Not just any farm, but a horse farm. Sounds strange to some but they sell, trade, breed horses, they have stud services available, you can rent a horse to ride, or the have wagons for horse drawn wagon rides. (they provided a horse drawn wagon on the best decision day of my life, the day I took the name Mrs. Justin R. Pincoski) They also have a cabin for those that want to spend a week of riding of very well groomed trails, or want a week of peace in a country setting. Well at one of their cowboy dinners (a really cool dinner is cooked entirely the way pioneers did it, and than a band plays and there are cowboy games..these are a must do that everyone should try) my husband made the arragmenents and Thecrosspatch.com was on the look out for a horse for me. I can't express how I felt when they introduced me to this white and brown mare. I named her "Bliss" it's beena long time that I wanted a well trained horse, and they found her....well not completely trained. However my Bliss is at their ranch and undergoing professional training. A thecrosspatch.com horse gets the best training for your needs, and I needed something that would be patient with me, and me with her. Whoa, whoa, whoa is the command to stop and the most important. So I am working on figure eights as she is learning neck reigning, and trust me she knows whoa...
So on top of managing kids sports and my career, throw in my horse hobby and you'd think I'd crumble....wait did I mention Olive starts pre-k this year. The salon I'm in now I have unbelievable
hours...I have a set schedule, yet make appointments on my off hours, but now putting my kids the front lines of my life. I'm able to see my kids, I mean really see them, work in the salon, and find time for my Bliss. Living life to the fullest. So as I said in the beginning; Schedules are back on track, kids have a go,go,go attitude, and I'm loving every minute. besides what's that new saying "You Only Live Once".
YOLO everyone so Live, Life Loud...
No comments:
Post a Comment