Sitting at one of my favorite places, the labyrinth press company. It's a merge of artist expression, great coffee, and vegetarian dishes. As I sit here I hit I listen to a young girl talking to a reverend about her life. Sounds like she has parents that aren't active in her life and a guidance councilor who doesn't give this kid a chance. He she is talking to a man of god. I think god works in mysterious ways, somehow through this man this young girl has hope. She is excited to talk to him about school, and he listens and advises. He is extending his hand of humanity saying " you are loved and cared about" . Why can't more people be mentors toward these young kids....oh my gosh she said "asshole" in front of him. He said back some people don't know how not to be. Yes that sounds like good advice " some people know how not to be an asshole" . I know plenty of them.
Another table is a couple holding hands. One has a coffee the other it looks like a smoothie. They are to far away for me to hear them. Secretly I think they are planning their future together. You can tell how much he adores her by the way he holds her hand.
A rickety old chair sits in front of me, filled with some Brit kid that goes to the local community college. He is talking to his buddy about the professors.
I love this moment. Just sitting here, writing, living in the moment. There is so much culture and entertainment around each nook of the labyrinth. The is a painting on the wall I want to buy. It's $40.00, I think I'll go buy more paint supplies tonight and paint my own. I think when people get down on their community they haven't found their "labyrinth" filled with life....is there just keeping looking, or perhaps you can come to 4th street and enjoy the atmosphere and fall in love with my labyrinth!
No comments:
Post a Comment