Saturday, June 23, 2012

You DO Change The World...

GOOD MORNING.....
This week many youngsters graduate. Whether it be from pre-k, elementary school, or complete the 12 year curriculum of high school. I think there is a little more spunk in their attitudes as they become a bit older with their lives developing. What a honor it is to see your child walk across stage or stand there and get a piece of paper that says " YOU ARE A WINNER YOU DID IT, WAY TO GO". Ok well maybe they don't say that but they should.

As we become adults often times its up to us to tell ourselves we did good,and that we woke up survived the day and yes this makes us a winner. I think we should all print out certificates and give them out to people through out the month.... Imagine at work, let's take retail. Imagine being called in the office and your boss giving you a certificate that says "great job with keeping order". What does it mean, keeping order? Well interpret it how you will. Those that kept a clean floor will interpret it that way, those that kept the shelves stocked will interpret it that way, those that helped others to keep the flow, etc..well you get the point! The poi t is that person will have extra pep in their step just for receiving a little piece of paper they will hang up at home an see everyday. Honestly imagine if we gave each other high fives more.
I blogged in the past about keeping your "five hand open" have you done that? I do every day, yesterday it was a little boy he was 2 and his birthday is 2weeks. I was in the supermarket check out line. I gave him a high five, then it trickled down the line to his dad, and mom, than he told me to give the store check out girl one, which I did, and then he said to give the guy walking in the door one! I gladly went up to him and did just that. The man was a little confused but smile with the high five. The little boys smile was enough for me, but by the time I left everyone was "keeping their five hand open" and man it's fulfilling to see happiness amoungst strangers.

As these youngsters graduate I can't express how important it is to honor them and encourage them, as they grow. Hey I met a man a couple of weeks ago, 98 he was, and after his haircut he said " well I didn't know that"! I replied " yup, your still growin, learning knew things all the time". We never stop growing, we always need to encourage ourselves, and others around us. It's not about doing for yourself, it's about doing for others...man when you do that You Are A Winner, Every Moment You Do Something Encouraging for others.

So as the day swiftly sweeps over you, Remember to give some one a certificate, a High five, an encouraging jester, because today my fiends if you do this YOU DO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!!


LIVE, LIFE, LOUD

No comments:

Post a Comment