Saturday, June 2, 2012

Whispers from the Devil

Each day we wake up with the Intension that this day is going to be great! What happens between the sheets snuggled up to your chin and the moment we step down on the floor? Some people I suppose have that little devil on their shoulder reminding them of everything that went wrong, and bam good day gone.

My little devil is a sneaky guy. He sneaks up in the middle of good moments, bad moments, and at the most unusual times and places. If you come to my house you'll see in the bathroom, stickers. Stickers everywhere. What do you suppoe these stickers say..."dance like there is no tomorrow", " "smile your up", "good morning sunshine", " laugh like there's no tomorrow", "live, laugh, love"...etc you get the picture. I know these stickers are small but to me they are bigger than a whale when my devil is whispering in my ear! My kids, god love them, they read them too. My lovely 4yr old pealed one off the mirror one day. That next morning I woke my kids up for school, and I crawled back into bed (sometimes these late night 1am, 3am, 5am bathroom runs really make for a sleepless night, YOU other moms know what I'm talking about). My wonderful son came in to my room to give me a kiss goodbye (thank goodness too because I had drifted off, and needed to be getting ready for work). He kissed me and said "mom, my favorite sticker in the bathroom is missing". It hit me how these little sentiments even impact my kids. How awesome is that! After that I started sneaking little notes in hit bag or pocket or even shoe from time to time. I think kids need more praise than what we actually give them, heck I need more praise than what I give myself.

Many of you know the fat devil. You know the one that tells you to eat everything is sight, even when full. My fat devil is very very bad..... I have lost enough weight now that I have figured out how to flick his lil fatness off my shoulder. This is a GREAT feeling. I need stickers that say " fat is fat", " it's only a brownie, but only take one", "enjoy your meal, and than run your ass off", "you look as good as the work you put in"... So if anyone sees these stickers let me know, I'm on the hunt!

No matter how your day starts, or what the devil tries to do to you, remember self positive affirmations. They will help block those sweet bitter devilish whispers. If you can't find a self affirmation than use mine, I use it all the time....
LIVE LIFE LOUD it reminds me to be me, to live for today, to live for tomorrow, to be myself as loud or as quiet as I may be...

Live Life Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment