My self found motto is "LIVE LIFE LOUD"! This is the lessons I've learned and used, or remembered to truly live life loud!
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Blindsided but not hit by the Bus
What an emotional week. Is it in the water? Well here I sit at Starbucks for my 45minutes of peace before the day begins. At work my co-manager, Stacey, got moved back to Foote Avenue. They are upgrading to the computer system we have and her constant presence is needed. I have loved being part of the Salon 1 family. I from the moment I walked into Foote avenue right up until we opened the 3rd street studio.... I found out this week that (at71yrs old) my boss may be selling the location I am at. What an emotional roller coaster. Does this mean I'll go back to foote ave, or will there not be room. I can't imagine working in another salon, this is now home for me. But then I question, what will happen when he does walk way, who will take over, will it be the same. Is this a sign, that it's time to move on? Is times like these that make me miss my own salon Rapunzel's. Should I look at going into business for myself again. What does it all mean, do I find a booth to rent? It's not panic time, but I do worry about my clients. Some drive more than an hour to be with me. I'm sure there are other stylists that can live up to my expectations, but who? I devote hours to further education. I devote hours to being an educator, I devote hours to being the best I can be....I honestly don't know another stylist in a 45mile radius that does what I do.
I feel like a bus has hit me....but wait I caught a glimpse before it ran me over and now I see the future of possibilities. I have a lot of soul searching. My dad has encouraged me to look into sales...possibly my own distributors hip branch. Could I do that, financially? I love being behind the chair. I love doing hair, I love crating. My husband says when the time is right you'll know what to do. He is right I always do! For now I go to work at my beloved Salon 1 and hope the future will unfold without obstacles. No worries I'm not going anywhere. I do know through this emotional roller coaster to rely on myself.i am a go getter, I seek and attack situations. I know right ffrom wrong, I know when I've been played or used. I think what hurts the most is I am a smart business women. Where has my head been, on easy street perhaps. It is possible I went with the flow to much instead of making the waves people around me are use to.
I do know this, sometimes you have to fall deep down before you become a rising star. My friend Mary Gamble from behindthechair.com taught me this. Also my friends at Life is Good taught me to be open, remember your inner child, and most of all don't change who you are for the corporate world. I am thankful for them and for all who swarms my presence...I feel after writing this I can laugh today, it's been over 4 days since I smile. TODAY I WILL RULE THE WORLD, so to speak, with open arms and I am ready for the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you go anywhere, I will follow...who else shall I trust my locks to? :o)
ReplyDelete