Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Living amongst the Muck!

A little unknown fact about me is I do have a life outside of the Salon. Hard to believe but true.
My husband and I made our vows in 1997 and since then I've been on the go with work. I worked in a commission salon, a booth rent salon, even my own salon. Each day I would go to work 8-10 and sometimes more hours. I come home and my mind is racing with ideas for the salon. Honestly I don't know how my husband has handled my business mode, but he has. I love my job so much I even became a national educator for Matrix a division of L'Oreal from 2005 - 2011, an international director for Babe Hair Extensions from 2009 - 2012, and I now work as part of the Wella Proffessional team a division of Procor and Gamble. Guess what I do all this outside of my regular day job in the salon. I seriously love my career, but.....oh there is a but; 3 years ago my whole life changed.
Three years ago my husband and I purchased a farm house with land. We got some animals and soon I found myself thinking about home while I was working in the salon. Ahha my life outside of the salon. As much as I love my salon life and life on the road I find myself daydreaming about riding horseback, or driving a carriage, or running around chasing pigs, goats, and chickens. Soon after our move my husbands family nicknamed me "pig farmer" as silly as this is I love it. Pigs are the stinkiest animal I've ever been around, I'd rather muck a horse stall than a pig pen any day. I have found fresh farm eggs have a better flavor than store bought, raising our own meat has more meaning at dinner than ever before, and everyday I fall in love with my husband again as he teaches me new things. This year I have started taking horse back riding lessons. My hope is that I some day can become a team penning fanatic or barrel race.
I'm sure you will read my funny stories (blogs I should say) as time goes by. I actually have taken my stories of motherhood, life behind the chair, and living amongst the muck and I'm creating a comedy skit I hope to use at the laberynth Press Company's open mic night. I am truly at home when I am in the salon everyday, however I found my home outside of the salon at "Broken Beam Farm" ( that's the name of our farm, how we named our farm is for another blog )!

1 comment:

  1. Well Andrea I have to say this is a great blog. I will enjoy reading your adventures in life..... thanks for letting me be a part of your journeys.

    ReplyDelete