Tuesday, May 22, 2012

27 months of pregnancy ...

Today was moving day! I slept in and randomly got ready, I had on my running pants, and tee-shirt, sneakers, and put my hair in a braid (no make-up) and headed to the new salon I will be working in. I figured why not meet the new crew, dressed super casual. This is not the usual me, but I planned on going for a run after. So why dress up because today I moved in...

I got to the salon somewhere between 1 and 2pm. I figured out where my station was going to be and I started "moving in", throughout the day I met staff. I was leisurely preparing myself for an eventful first week. The phone kept ringing and to my delight appointments started calling for me. This was just another reassurance that yes this was the right move for me. My color shipment will be here tomorrow or thursday, but I have the supplies I need to start my week. Its going to be an adjustment, but coming out of your comfort zone makes you a stronger person.

I read a quote from Charles Barkley "If you are afraid of failure, you don't deserve to be successful" I guess looking back I see where I have failed at things, but ironically enough when failure crept up on me I jumped, and man did I jump high. I have learned so much in my life. One thing I know is I have failed before, I'm still here, I'm still standing, I'm still confidant, and I'm still me in every way, shape, and form! I know my pay may take a hit for a couple weeks, however my sense of pride will be completely restored as not only a hairstylist,and an educator, but as a mother, and wife.

Its a beautiful thing marraige. Being married to a man that builds you up, and grows with you. To have children together and have a mutual agreement on seeing them grow. Having your own values shared and watching our children choose our values. Learning from each other, learning from our kids, watching the smiles. Seeing them do their very best because your there. I stood behind the fence at my sons baseball game. He stepped up, bat in hand. Before he stepped completely up to the plate, he looked at me, noodled and smiled big, then stepped up to the plate...batter up and GRAND SLAM! Wow my son was awesome, it was great to see this. I know work is what provides for our family, but if I live to work instead of work to live than these moments will pass me by. After the game my son got in the car, I told him how proud and good he was. I told him I saw him hit that ball outta the park, he looked at me and said "I know mom, thanks"! That night the hug and kiss before he went to bed was great. He hugged me, and whispered in my ear " thanks for being at my game mom, I love you."

Yes moving to a new salon will be an adjustment, but 9 months of adjusting to pregnancy, becoming a mother(a total of 27 months of pregnancy, 1 natural childbirth, and 2 c-sections, 3 beautiful kids) is worth readjusting to a new work space!

Live, Life, Loud...

No comments:

Post a Comment